Shopping for your ideal pair of mountain bike gloves can seem tricky at first. Particularly when looking to pick up a pair online, given how doing so means not being able to try them on before you buy.
But this doesn’t mean it isn’t relatively easy to pick up an outstanding pair of mountain bike gloves online at an unbeatable price. In fact, the very best gloves available at the lowest possible prices tend to be sold exclusively online.Table could not be displayed.
with most sporting goods and accessories, it’s simply a case of establishing your requirements and picking the right pair of gloves accordingly. Something you’ll find is much easier after checking out our complete guide to selecting the best mountain bike gloves online.
Why do I Need Mountain Bike Gloves?
Contrary to popular belief, a good pair of mountain bike gloves is about far more than protection from the elements. They can be great for keeping your hands warm and dry, but a quality pair of gloves can also work wonders for your performance.
For one thing, you’ll benefit from the added grip needed to maximize control of your bike during all weather conditions. Particularly when things get wet, muddy and slippery, a good pair of gloves makes it so much easier to keep a firm grip on the handlebars.
In addition, quality gloves position a protective barrier between your hands on the handlebars, safeguarding your skin from the otherwise constant friction.
This can pretty much eliminate chafing, bruises and blisters from the equation, adding up to a more comfortable and enjoyable cycling experience.
It’s even possible for padded gloves to protect the rider from more serious issues associated with intensive cycling, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and damage to the joints.
Given the comprehensive affordability of mountain bike gloves, it’s a small price to pay for such extensive benefits. Again, it’s simply a case of determining when, where and how you intend to use them, in order to find your perfect pair in no time.
A Wide Spectrum of Options
Unsurprisingly, the market for mountain bike gloves is enormous. But it’s important to remember that the various different products available are designed with different priorities and preferences in mind.
For example, some mountain bike gloves are extremely lightweight and designed primarily for spring and summer use. Others are much thicker and provide better thermal insulation for colder conditions.
Then there are those with additional cushioning to lessen the effects of impacts and vibrations, while others focus more on reducing friction and rubbing.
What represents the ideal pair of mountain bike gloves for you will be determined by your intended use for them. Are you planning on hitting competition-level trails in all weathers, or do you prefer casual weekend rides on gentle terrain during the warmer months of the year?
In any case, you’ll find an extensive range of options to choose from at surprisingly low prices. Again, shopping online almost always opens the door to the best deals on the highest quality mountain bike gloves the market has to offer.
Important Features to Prioritize
Making sense of the endless options available means focusing primarily on a few important features. Each of which influences both the effectiveness and the versatility of the gloves, along with when and where they are designed to be used.
Again, the main factor to consider is the primary purpose of the gloves. Some gloves are more suitable for road biking than mountain biking, others are suitable for colder weather conditions and so on.
Once you’ve found a pair of gloves designed with your intended use in mind, it’s a case of carefully considering the following:
It’s worth establishing the extent to which the manufacturer has focused on the provision of a strong, comfortable and consistent grip for the rider. This is particularly important if you intend to hit more challenging trails in difficult weather conditions.
Some mountain bike gloves provide plenty of grip when dry, only to become practically useless when wet. The more challenging the terrain and the elements at the time, the more important it is to focus on grip quality.
Check the manufacturer’s product specifications and customer reviews to establish grip quality (or otherwise).
The Perfect Fit
A good pair of mountain bike gloves should fit practically like a second skin. There should be very little room for the gloves to slip and move while in use, though at the same time should never be too tight or uncomfortable.
As every manufacturer has their own unique take on ‘standard’ glove sizes, you’ll need to check their measurements carefully.
Take the time to measure your hands and ensure you pick up a pair of gloves that’s as close to perfect as possible. Just in case, make sure the seller has a fair returns policy so you’re not stuck with a pair of gloves you can’t use.
You’ll find an extensive range of mountain bike gloves available that are technically suitable for all seasons. By contrast, others are designed primarily with warmer weather or the winter months in mind.
It’s entirely up to you as to which you go for, as it depends when and where you intend to use them.
The vast majority of mountain bike gloves these days are made with synthetic materials like acrylic, polyester, fleece and polypropylene, though some feature leather components and other natural materials. All of which can make a difference as far as seasonal suitability goes.
Once considered an optional extra of little importance, phone-friendly gloves are now a priority for millions of cyclists worldwide. This refers to the types of gloves that have been designed to allow the wearer to use touchscreen devices like mobile phones, without having to take their gloves off.
This is made possible through the inclusion of a small patch of conductive material towards the fingertips – sometimes just one index finger, other times every finger and thumb. It’s up to you to decide whether or not phone-friendliness is a priority, but it can certainly be a convenience.
Full Finger vs Fingerless
This is another case of pure personal preference, as some mountain bikers simply prefer one option or the other.
That said, fingerless mountain biking gloves are typically recommended for the warmer months of the year, being swapped for full finger gloves when things turn cold.
Some simply prefer the feel of fingerless gloves and believe they give them a precise control over their bikes – others are more interested in the protection of full finger gloves.
Reviews and Recommendations
Irrespective of the type of glove you’re shopping or your budget, it’s essential that you carefully consult customer reviews and recommendations before buying.
This will provide you with the honest and impartial insights you need to make the right decision. If the general consensus points to a pair of gloves of quality, comfort and good value for money, that’s probably what you’re looking at.
Last but not least, price is an important consideration but is by no means the only consideration. This is true at both ends of the spectrum – some low-cost gloves are simply fantastic while spending a fortune doesn’t guarantee a market-leading product.
Instead, it’s better to focus on the overall value for money. Look for something with excellent customer feedback at an affordable price, which is also clearly built to go the distance and won’t crap out on you after a handful of challenging rides.
Best Mountain Bike Gloves of 2020
Now you’ve a better idea of what it is you’re are looking for, we’ll be taking a look at some of the best mountain bike gloves of 2020. All very different in their features, benefits and intended applications, but all equal in terms of quality and value for money.
Irrespective of whether you’re a casual cyclist or a competition-level mountain biker, you’re guaranteed to find your ideal gloves in the following listings:
1. NICEWIN Cycling Gloves Motorcycle Bike Mountain
First up, these simple yet effective NICEWIN Cycling Gloves recently saw a significant price cut.
Manufactured using the highest quality materials and featuring protective SBR pads to distribute energy away from the palms of the hands, these attractive gloves also feature a convenient microfiber patch on the index finger and thumb for operating a smartphone.
Available in four different colors and four different sizes, these affordable gloves are just as suitable for hiking, rowing and motorbiking as they are everyday cycling.
Features and Benefits
- Engineered for a secure and protective yet comfortable fit, featuring breathable spandex to the rear and elastic suede for a cool and fresh feel at all times.
- Despite being lightweight and practical, the gloves also have excellent thermal insulating properties and are therefore suitable for colder weather conditions.
- Each glove features reflective caution strips for added safety when cycling or exercising in darker conditions, or when visibility is generally poor.
- The special palm pads have been designed to absorb vibrations and shock, reducing palm fatigue and distributing the energy of impacts more evenly.
- The inclusion of a microfiber patch on the thumb and forefinger for smartphone use is an excellent added touch for total convenience.
- Along with mountain biking, these gloves are also approved for various other activities like rowing, athletics, motorbiking and driving.
On the whole, these NICEWIN Cycling Gloves provide an excellent demonstration of affordable quality.
Comfortable, lightweight and thermally efficient, the gloves provide adequate protection from the elements and from wrist fatigue without ever feeling uncomfortable or cumbersome.
The touchscreen patch is also a nice addition, though it would be better if it was present on all fingers. Not that this is a deal breaker, as the quality and performance of these things vastly exceed their impressive low price.
- Outstanding comfort and protection
- Very lightweight and versatile
- Touchscreen patch on thumb and index finger
- Available in four sizes and four colors
- High quality protective palm pads
- Attractive exterior design
- Other fingers not touchscreen friendly
2. INBIKE Cycling Gloves Men Mountain Bike
Next up, these short-fingered gloves have been designed from top to bottom with aggressive exercise and challenging mountain bike trails in mind.
Boasting a much thicker shock-absorbing palm pad than most mountain bike gloves, these INBIKE Cycling Gloves also feature an extra-grip exterior and a strip of terry cloth to the thumb for wiping away sweat.
Available in four sizes (including a comparatively rare XXL size), these cool and comfortable mountain bike gloves are among the best you can pick up right now for less than $20.
Features and Benefits
- Short-fingered design for use in most everyday weather conditions, combined with a Lycra and knitted mesh fabric design for maximum coolness and freshness.
- The addition of a thicker 5mm shock-absorbing gel pad to the palm helps protect the hands from prolonged vibration and heavier impacts.
- Each thumb features a patch of terry cloth for wiping away sweat during challenging rides for added comfort and convenience.
- Low-profile hook and loop fastener closure allows for quick and easy adjustments anytime, ensuring total comfort from start to finish.
Backed by hundreds of satisfied customer reviews and recommendations, these INBIKE Cycling Gloves apparently do it all.
Along with winning the approval of hardcore cyclists, these things also have a following across any other number of sports and everyday activities.
Comfortable, protective and exceptionally versatile, INBIKE’s Cycling Gloves make the perfect choice for outdoor adventures during the spring and summer months. Just be sure to order one size bigger than you think you need, as they’re a little on the snug size otherwise.
- Practical and versatile
- 5mm shock-absorbing pad
- Four sizes available
- Terry cloth patch on each thumb
- Lycra and knitted mesh fabric
- Easy to adjust
- Outstanding value for money
- Sizes a little small
3. Cool Change Full Finger Bike Gloves
Designed to maximize grip while providing hour after hour of comfort and protection, these Cool Change Full Finger Bike Gloves are suitable for all four seasons.
Protective and thermally efficient in cooler conditions, they also feature breathable design for a fresh and dry riding experience in warmer weather.
There’s a terry cloth patch to the thumb for wiping sweat away, leather details on the palms for ultimate grip and a convenient smartphone-compatible patch on each thumb and forefinger. All adding up to a seriously high-quality pair of mountain bike gloves at a surprisingly affordable price.
Features and Benefits
- Conductive layer to the index finger and thumb allows for smartphone and tablet use, without having to remove the gloves.
- SBR padded and designed to maximize grip in all weather conditions, with a shock proof design for enhanced protection from impact and vibration.
- Reflective logo on each glove provides enhanced visibility during darker conditions for added safety.
- Designed primarily with cycling in mind, these Cool Change Full Finger Bike Gloves are also suitable for fishing, rowing, hiking and so much more besides.
- Robust and durable manufacturing quality for long-term performance and unbeatable value for money.
- Available in four sizes and a variety of colors to suit all tastes and preferences.
Everything about these gloves simply screams value for money, as you’d normally expect to pay way more for this kind of quality.
They’ve built such a huge following away from mountain biking that they’ve become more all-purpose gloves for outdoor adventures than specialist mountain biking gloves.
Again, the general consensus seems to suggest ordering one size bigger than you think you need. Not because they’re too tight, but more because the fingers are (apparently) slightly on the small side for some buyers with bigger hands.
- Exceptional comfort and protection
- Unbeatable versatility and practicality
- Suitable for all weather conditions
- Ideal for a variety of activities
- Excellent grip and palm protection
- Excellent overall value for money
- Fingers are a little short
4. Arltb Winter Bike Gloves
One of the lowest-cost options in our listing, these Arltb Winter Bike Gloves are ideal for mountain biking, climbing and countless other outdoor activities.
Designed primarily for winter use – as the name suggests – these highly protective gloves provide excellent thermal insulation, while at the same time protecting hands from excessive moisture buildup.
There’s also a protective foam pad within the palm of each glove, significantly reducing fatigue with longer rides.
Features and Benefits
- Strong focus on friction and impact reduction, with the inclusion of a robust palm pad that brings added comfort to every ride.
- Designed to fit the hand securely and comfortably, with an elastic design to accommodate the vast majority of hand shapes and sizes.
- Breathable microfiber materials actively wick sweat and moisture away from the hands, keeping things cool, dry and comfortable inside.
- Each thumb features a patch of terry cloth for wiping away sweat for added comfort.
- Available in four sizes and three colors to suit all tastes and preferences, suitable for an extensive range of outdoor activities and everyday exercise.
Having once retailed for approximately $30, these Arltb Winter Bike Gloves have plummeted in price over recent months. Exceptionally comfortable and ideal for cold weather use, the quality of these great-looking gloves vastly exceeds their current low price.
They’re also exceptionally versatile, with an endless range of applications that extends far beyond mountain biking alone. As is the case with many mountain bike gloves, most users recommend ordering a size larger than you need as they tend to be a little on the snug side.
- Protective full-finger design
- Ideal for cold weather use
- Great for all outdoor activities
- Breathable microfiber materials
- Protective palm pad
- Unbeatable value for money
- No touchscreen pad
5. Fox Racing Ranger Mountain Bike Gloves
Fox Racing is one of the most iconic and recognizable names on the high-end cycling scene. Hence, you’d expect nothing less than stellar performance from these Fox Racing Ranger Mountain Bike Gloves.
But what’s interesting is that rather than bursting at the seams with complex features and conveniences, these really are as simple as mountain biking gloves get.
Lightweight, breathable, comfortable and versatile, these Fox Racing Ranger Mountain Bike Gloves provide basic protection for the hands with no extra padding whatsoever.
Features and Benefits
- Exceptionally lightweight design for maximum comfort.
- Suitable for all outdoor activities and exercise types.
- Available in one size to suit most hand shapes.
- Excellent thermal protection for such thin and lightweight gloves.
- Compatible with the vast majority of touchscreens.
- Designed with long-term durability in mind.
There’s not a great deal else that can be said about such simple yet effective mountain bike gloves. If you’re looking for something with robust padding and impact protection, look elsewhere.
By contrast, if you’re looking for the quintessential ‘second skin’ that protects the hands from chafing and from the elements, these Fox Racing Ranger Mountain Bike Gloves are superb.
In fact, they’re so lightweight and comfortable there’s a good chance you’ll forget you’re even wearing them after an hour or two.
- Well designed and manufactured
- Exceptionally lightweight and comfortable
- Impressive thermal protection
- Touchscreen compatible
- Suitable for all outdoor activities
- Outstanding value for money
- No padding for protection
6. Suxman Cycling Gloves
The versatility of these ultra-affordable cycling gloves goes far beyond mountain biking. In fact, a solid proportion of the reviews these things have earned come from satisfied customers who’ve no intention of heading out on the trail.
Comfortable, warm and perfectly practical, they’re the ideal cold weather gloves for all purposes. Even if it’s something as simple as hiking, camping or a winter’s walk in the local park, these things have earned rave reviews for a very good reason.
Features and Benefits
- Exceptionally lightweight construction, comprising a combination of nylon, polyester and spandex for maximum comfort and weather proofing.
- Designed to wick sweat and moisture away from the hands quickly and effectively, improving comfort and freshness during all weather conditions.
- Conductive material patches to the fingers allow for convenient smartphone and tablet use, without the need to remove the gloves.
- Each glove also features a non-slip wear-resistant silicone palm, providing enhanced grip when riding in wet and muddy conditions.
- Easily adjustable to suit most hand sizes and ideal for keeping the hands warm and protected during all indoor and outdoor activities.
To be frank, it’s hard not to be impressed by these things by way of their price alone. Particularly given their extraordinary versatility – something clearly illustrated in the reams of feedback they’ve earned both inside and outside cycling circles.
Simple yet effective, these well-presented gloves have been designed to fit like a second skin and provide just the right amount of protection. Not too thin to expose your hands to harmful elements, but not too thick as to become awkward, bulky and cumbersome.
- Unbeatable practicality and versatility
- Fits the hand like a second skin
- Surprisingly good insulating properties
- Actively wicks away sweat and moisture
- Suitable for all types of activities
- Superb overall value for money
- Limited palm protection
7. NICEWIN Padded Motorcycle Mountain Biking Gloves
Back with a tried and trusted manufacturer that never fails to deliver the goods, these NICEWIN 6mm SBR Padded Gloves comprise breathable elastic mesh and microfiber leather for unbeatable comfort and freshness.
The inclusion of a generous 6mm SBR pad does a great job protecting the hands from vibration and impact damage, while at the same time maximizing grip in all weather conditions.
Along with competition-level mountain biking, these NICEWIN 6mm SBR Padded Gloves have become a firm favorite among motorcyclists worldwide.
Features and Benefits
- Ideal for use during warmer weather conditions, with a unique granular breathable elastic mesh interior to actively wick sweat and moisture away from the hands.
- Exceptional protection from a lightweight and comfortable design, which fits closely to the hands like a second skin with flawless flexibility.
- The exterior of the glove has been designed to maximize grip during all weather and riding conditions, improving performance while reducing stress and exertion.
- Each thumb features a strip of toweling material for wiping away sweat during more challenging excursions.
- Designed primarily with mountain biking in mind, though suitable for countless other activities like grip training, weightlifting, motor cycling, driving and rowing.
An excellent choice for spring, summer and autumn mountain biking, these high-quality gloves have been designed to do it all. Available in a variety of sizes to suit most handshapes, the measurements published by the manufacturer seem to be pretty much right on the money.
The 6mm palm pad provides above average protection when tackling more challenging trails, while the breathable materials are great for keeping things fresh and hygienic when the weather’s at its warmest. All in all, a simply superb buy for this kind of money and well worth checking out.
- Well-designed inside and out
- Excellent moisture control
- Lightweight, comfortable and practical
- Suitable for all outdoor activities
- Available in four sizes
- Thick 6mm palm protection pad
- Excellent value for money
- No smartphone touch pads
8. Tanluhu Cycling Gloves Mountain Bike Gloves
Last up in our listing, these Tanluhu Cycling Gloves are currently selling for an almost impossibly low price.
For which, you get a comfortable mountain biking glove with an adjustable buckle, a towel cloth for wiping away sweat and a surprisingly effective palm pad for improved impact protection.
Not to mention, the reassurance of a 100% satisfaction guarantee from the manufacturer. Suitable for all types of mountain biking and various other activities besides, these all-action gloves combine a premium interior and exterior design with a price that seems almost too good to be true.
Features and Benefits
- Durable and machine washable, the gloves comprise specially designed elastic knitted mesh fabric and spandex for outstanding moisture control.
- The palms of the gloves have been designed to maximize grip during all weather conditions, while providing superior protection from vibrations and impact.
- Each thumb features a strip of towel cloth for wiping away sweat while in use, while the adjustable buckle ensures total comfort for all hand shapes and sizes.
- Slim and lightweight yet highly protective, these Tanluhu Cycling Gloves are suitable for an extensive range of indoor and outdoor activities.
- The manufacturer backs every sale with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, for total peace of mind.
The moment you put these things on, you get a feeling of comfort and quality that belies their low price. They’re also sized pretty much perfectly (by way of the manufacturer’s measurements chart) and come in a variety of sizes to suit most requirements.
In terms of thermal insulation, moisture control and protection from fatigue during longer rides, these things do the business in a big way. In fact, the only thing missing from the equation is a smartphone compatible patch on at least one of the fingers, but this is more of a personal preference than a dealbreaker.
- High quality materials
- Flexible, lightweight and comfortable
- Additional palm protection
- Excellent exterior grip
- Accurate sizing indications
- Excellent value for money
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- No smartphone touchpads
Referring back to the original point, it’s ultimately down to you to work out what you need from your mountain bike gloves.
This means taking into account where you intend to use them, how often you intend to use them and in what kinds of weather conditions. Not to mention, whether you also intend to use them for any other sports or activities.
Across the board, however, the same quality indicators should be prioritized. Robust and durable materials, a comfortable fit, good moisture control, excellent grip and sufficient protection from the elements. Not to mention, sufficient feedback from real customers to verify the manufacturer’s claims.
And again, don’t forget to check the seller’s returns policy before placing your order. Just in case you end up with the wrong size (or a pair of gloves you simply can’t get on with), it’s good to know you can return them for a refund or replacement without hassle.